May saw the start of a year-long vigil in Hull where a total of 730 people will contribute towards a 365-day silent and peaceful performance as part of the Freedom Festival.
Gavin Barley, General Manager of Hull Esteem, Hull City Council’s pre-procured framework which supported the Hull Vigil with overall management and coordination of the project’s build and installation, said: “It was a huge team effort to make this possible and the contributions of all the businesses involved should not be underestimated.
“That’s why we wanted to create a film to highlight how proud we are to work with our supply chain, partners, and everyone else involved not only on a unique project such as this, but also for the wider work done for the reinvestment into the city.
“This wonderful artistic project is bringing people together in a unique way and we’re honoured to play a part in it. This film really does instil such a sense of pride and togetherness amongst local businesses; we hope you enjoy it as much as we do.”
Watch the film here
With thanks to Nova Studios for capturing how the Vigil has been built by Hull for the people of Hull through generous donations of time, expertise, products and resources.
The Hull Vigil – a first for the UK – is a 365-day silent performance which has been commissioned by Freedom Festival, the Hull-based arts trust behind the international arts festival held in the city.
For more information about The Vigil project and the international cities it has toured so far, visit The Vigil : The Vigil.
Businesses involved in the project include:
• Brandon Hire – Security fencing
• Briggs Amasco – Roof waterproofing
• Builders Merchants – Plywood suppliers
• Central Crane Hire – Crane Lift & transportation
• Dappat – Steelwork
• Eddie Beadle – Steelwork and drilling
• Elevation – Scaffolding
• Freeths – Legal
• GGP – Structural Engineers
• Giant Joinery – Ramp joinery work
• GW Power – Temporary roof electrics and feature lighting
• H&D Decorators – Decorative supplies
• Kwiktuf – Glazing
• MKM – Timber supplies
• Morgan Wolff – Building Control
• NPS – Architect – Ramp Design
• R&R Photography – Photography of the project from the outset
• Radius Associates – Principal Designer
• S&D Flooring – Floor finishes
• Shared Agenda Solutions – Project Management
• Vic Coupland Ltd – Shelter Heating and ventilation
• Vulcan Aluminium – Glazing/frames